In-Home Supportive Services

The IHSS Program is a federal, state and locally funded program designed to help pay for services provided to you so that you can remain safely in your own home. You may be eligible if you are 65 years of age, disabled, or blind. Disabled children are also eligible for IHSS.
Change font size: [A] [A] [A]

Provider Services

The Provider Services department includes customer service for providers in the following areas:

Paychecks Customer Service

Paycheck Customer Service includes information regarding provider timesheets and paychecks. Please click the link for additional information related to timesheets and paychecks. Our toll-free paycheck customer service number is (800) 722-4595. You may also email your questions regarding timesheets and paychecks to:

Frequently Asked Questions…

What do I do if my check is Lost or Stolen?

After ten days from the date it was issued, the provider can go to the appropriate DAAS office and complete a Stop Payment Form. A replacement check will be issued in four to six weeks. If the missing check is found or received AFTER a Stop Payment Form is submitted, DO NOT CASH because it is void. The IP may also choose to file a police report after the stop payment has been requested.

What do I do if I never receive my check?

After ten days have passed, the provider may go to the appropriate DAAS office and complete a Stop Payment Form. A Stop Payment Form can be submitted immediately at the appropriate DAAS office and a replacement check will be issued in four to six weeks. If the missing check is found or received AFTER a Stop Payment Form is submitted, DO NOT CASH because it is void.

How do I request a change of address?

Complete the IHSS Change of Address/Telephone (SOC 840) form and send it to the appropriate DAAS office or the Public Authority.

I need a replacement timesheet. What do I do?

Call the appropriate DAAS office to request a replacement timesheet.

Why haven’t I received a Time Sheet yet?

If you have already attended an IHSS orientation session, you should have received and completed an IHSS employee orientation packet. If you have not attended orientation, you must contact the recipient’s social worker unit clerk, and he/she will advise you of upcoming orientations. Orientation admission is on a “first come, first served” basis. After completing Orientation, you will need to complete and submit the “IHSS Provider Enrollment Agreement” form. You will then receive your time sheet by mail within 10 days (Average time frame).

When am I going to get paid?

There are 2 pay periods per month: The 1st through 15th (1st pay period of the month); 16th through the last day of the month (2nd pay period of the month). Time sheets are processed after the end of each pay period, beginning the 16th (1st pp) and the 1st (2nd pp). Your paycheck should arrive within 10 calendar days of processing. If you do not receive your paycheck, we can verify if your check was issued after the 12th and the 27th.

Can I request Direct Deposit?

Yes, but direct deposit requests are handled by the State, in Sacramento. If you are eligible, you will receive a letter offering Direct Deposit. Providers must be active in the payroll system for 90 days or more.

Can you help me complete my timesheet?

Please contact Paycheck Customer Service (800) 722-4595 for assistance or review the the IHSS Provider Timesheet Handout.

What is Share of Cost (SOC)?

Most people receive IHSS as a part of their Medi-Cal benefits. Depending on the amount of income received, some people must agree to pay a certain amount each month toward their Medi-Cal expenses, before Medi-Cal will pay. The money that must be paid before Medi-Cal will pay is called a Share-of-Cost (SOC). The SOC allows a person with income above the allowed amount to receive IHSS if he/she agrees to pay the SOC. The recipient may pay the SOC to the IHSS provider, a pharmacy, doctor’s office, or when purchasing other medical services or goods. The amount the recipient will need to pay the IHSS provider will vary based on other medical expenses incurred that month.

My client is not paying the Share of Cost – what should I do?

Report non-payment of SOC to the client’s social worker.

Is it possible to email questions I have regarding my timesheet and paycheck?

Yes, you may submit your questions via email to: Please be advised this email DOES NOT accept timesheets for processing; they still must be submitted through your local IHSS office.

Paycheck Deductions

Why is the Union taking dues out of my paycheck?

The dues are calculated according to the hours you work. If you have specific questions regarding how the dues are applied, contact SEIU (877) 698-5829.

Why is there a $5.00 Dental Insurance deduction?

Your premium is $5.00. For more information on your dental coverage please contact SEIU at (877) 698-5829.

What is the $60.00 Health Insurance deduction?

You will pay a premium of $60.00 per month automatically deducted from your paycheck. You will also be required to pay co-payments for many of the services you receive. For more information, please contact IHSS Public Authority 866-985-6322, option 2, then 2.

What is COPE deduction?

COPE is an Education Political Action Fund. In IHSS Orientation, SEIU (union) passes a card out with two sections for signatures. One side is for the union (mandatory) and the other side is for COPE (voluntary).

Social Security/MediCare (FICA)?

If you are over 18 and NOT providing care for your child or spouse this is an automatic deduction for wages you earn over $1500 a year to have access to Social Security and Medicare, if you become totally disabled or retire after the age of 62. Contact the Social Security office at 800-772-1213 for more information.

State Disability (SDI) benefits:

This is an automatic deduction for you if your quarterly wages are over $750, UNLESS you are a child, parent or spouse of the recipient you work for. If you are a child, parent or spouse of the recipient you work for, you MUST request participation in the SDI program by completing an Elective SDI Coverage form and submitting it to your Social Worker. Call the EDD at 800-480-3287 for more information.

Federal/State Income Tax:

You must request that taxes be withheld by completing a W-4 Form and submitting it to your Social Worker. The state will determine your eligibility to have taxes withheld ONLY after you make the request. Even if you do NOT have taxes withheld, you will still have to pay and file taxes at the end of the year on your IHSS wages. Providers must be active in the payroll system for 90 days or more.

Employment Verifications

Employment and Income verifications are services provided by the Public Authority, for all San Bernardino County IHSS Providers. All requests must include the provider’s social security number and signed release of information. All requests are completed within 3 business days. If you need the original copy, it may take up to 5-7 business days. You may fax the requests to (909) 891-9130 or email to Click the links for the employment verification forms. English Spanish

Employment Verification Confidential fax 909-891-9077 is designed for a limited number of IHSS providers who are not eligible for Medi-Cal, Medicare, or other health insurance. Please select the link for additional information including Benefits FAQs.

The Individual Providers’ health benefits plan is contracted through Dublin Insurance/Healthcare Trust which provides separate plans for Health, Dental, and Vision. Dublin Insurance/Healthcare Trust is the administrator and resource for membership and general questions regarding coverage for each plan.

Eligibility for health benefits is dependent upon individual providers meeting the following minimum requirements:

Paid timely for a minimum of 80 hours, two consecutive months. The Public Authority uses state payroll information to determine if this requirement is being met and it is up to the IP to ensure their timesheets are turned in on time each pay period.

Submit a completed health benefits application when invited to participate in the plan. It is important for IPs to keep their contact information updated with their Social Workers at In Home Supportive Services and clerks for the Public Authority if the IP is part of the Registry.

Agree by signature on the application to pay the monthly premium of $60/mo which is automatically deducted from the Individual Provider’s paycheck. If the IP receives advance pay, the amount will be billed on a monthly basis. Note: The requirements listed above are subject to change following written notice to individual providers covered by the plan. Please contact the Public Authority, 1-866-985-6322 (option 2, then 2) for any questions regarding eligibility.

Frequently Asked Questions…

Who will provide the health services and where can I obtain care?

Dublin Insurance/Healthcare Trust (Kaiser), Western Dental and Avesis Vision.

How much will I have to pay for my health insurance benefits?

You will pay a premium of $60 per month automatically deducted from your paycheck but will not have deductions for Dental ($5.00). You will also be required to pay co-payments for most of the services you receive.

Are my dependents (e.g., spouse and/or children) eligible for the health benefits plan offered by IHSS Public Authority, through Select Benefits?

No. The health benefit plan does not include dependents.

Where is my membership card?

Contact Dublin Insurance/Healthcare Trust if your card is missing, lost, or stolen.

What if I am eligible for Medi-Cal, MediCare or another health insurance?

IHSS providers with other health insurance coverage or who are eligible for coverage such as zero share-of-cost Medi-Cal, Medicare, Healthy Families or spousal coverage, individual, conversion or coverage under a Group Plan offering Domestic Partners are not eligible to enroll in the Health Plan.

What if my physician is not listed on the plan or I wish to change my current doctor?

Contact Dublin Insurance/Healthcare Trust at (925) 803-1880.

If I lose my eligibility, can I purchase continued coverage?

By law, at the time of your termination of coverage you will receive an initial notification, which explains your rights for continued coverage, which you will have to pay for, under COBRA. You will have 60 days to elect coverage with no lapse in coverage.

Where can I get more information about the benefits provided by the Plan?

For questions about Eligibility call:
PUBLIC AUTHORITY Customer Service 1-866-985-6322 (option 2, then 2)
For questions about Membership & General Plan Info call:
Dublin Insurance/Healthcare Trust, (925) 803-1880

Workers Compensation

The Public Authority is responsible for processing Workers Compensation claims and authorizing the initial doctor’s evaluation for all San Bernardino County IHSS Providers.

IHSS recipients are responsible for reporting work-related injuries to the Public Authority.

If you are injured while performing your job-related duties, you must immediately report the injury by calling (866) 985-6322 (option 3, then 6); or in person by visiting our main office at 784 E. Hospitality Lane, San Bernardino, CA, 92415. In case of emergency, please call 9-1-1.

For more information about Workers’ Compensation insurance, please click here