Provider Services

The Provider Services department includes customer service for providers. Paychecks Customer Service, Paycheck Deductions, Employment Verifications , Health Benefits and more!
Change font size: [A] [A] [A]

Paycheck Deductions

Why is the Union taking dues out of my paycheck?

The dues are calculated according to the hours you work. If you have specific questions regarding how the dues are applied, contact SEIU (888) 373-3018.

Why is there a $5.00 Dental Insurance deduction?

Your premium is $5.00. For more information on your dental coverage please contact SEIU at 1(888)373-3018.

What is the $60.00 Health Insurance deduction?

You will pay a premium of $60.00 per month automatically deducted from your paycheck. You will also be required to pay co-payments for many of the services you receive. For more information, please contact IHSS Public Authority 866-985-6322, option 2.

What is COPE deduction?

COPE is an Education Political Action Fund. In IHSS Orientation, SEIU (union) passes a card out with two sections for signatures. One side is for the union (mandatory) and the other side is for COPE (voluntary).

Social Security/MediCare (FICA)?

If you are over 18 and NOT providing care for your child or spouse this is an automatic deduction for wages you earn over $1500 a year to have access to Social Security and Medicare, if you become totally disabled or retire after the age of 62. Contact the Social Security office at 800-772-1213 for more information.

State Disability (SDI) benefits

This is an automatic deduction for you if your quarterly wages are over $750, UNLESS you are a child, parent or spouse of the recipient you work for. If you are a child, parent or spouse of the recipient you work for, you MUST request participation in the SDI program by completing an Elective SDI Coverage form and submitting it to your Social Worker. Call the EDD at 800-480-3287 for more information.

Federal/State Income Tax

You must request that taxes be withheld by completing a W-4 Form and submitting it to your Social Worker. The state will determine your eligibility to have taxes withheld ONLY after you make the request. Even if you do NOT have taxes withheld, you will still have to pay and file taxes at the end of the year on your IHSS wages. Providers must be active in the payroll system for 90 days or more.