Department of Aging
and Adult Services

  COVID-19 Resources - Click here for current information
Change font size: [A] [A] [A]

Welcome to the Department of Aging and Adult Website!

The Department of Aging and Adult Services (DAAS) is a San Bernardino agency dedicated to helping seniors and at risk individuals to improve or maintain choice, independence and quality of life. The department works to ensure seniors and adults with disabilities have the right to age in place in the least restrictive environment!

DAAS Administration Office is located at:
784 E. Hospitality Lane, San Bernardino, CA 92415
Administration Office telephone number is:

In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) San Bernardino Office is located at:
784 E. Hospitality Lane, San Bernardino, CA 92415
IHSS Office telephone number is:

For the telephone numbers and office locations of the Programs and Services available from DAAS please select the CONTACT US above.

Important! Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Is Coming!
Federal regulations will require the In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) program to implement Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) starting in January 2020. EVV requires that IHSS providers and recipients submit and approve timesheets either online through the Electronic Services Portal (ESP) or through the telephone via the Telephone Timesheet System (TTS). Paper timesheets will eventually no longer be used.
Visit http://www.cdss.ca.gov/inforesources/IHSS/EVV for more information about EVV.

Electronic Services Portal (ESP)
IHSS providers and recipients use the Electronic Services Portal (ESP) to submit and approve timesheets online using a tablet, smartphone, laptop or computer. Some of the benefits of the ESP include:

  1. Faster processing of timesheets and paychecks.
  2. Ability to:
    1. Check the status of a timesheet or payment.
    2. View timesheet history up to the last three months
    3. Request timesheets.
    4. Claim sick leave.
    5. Enroll in direct deposit.

    For more information about ESP, visit http://www.cdss.ca.gov/inforesources/IHSS-Providers/Resources/Timesheet-Information.

    Telephone Timesheet System (TTS) – Contact the IHSS Service Desk at 866-376-7066 for more information.

    For additional questions, contact your local DAAS office.


    Our Values graphic

    For Volunteer Opportunities with the Department of Aging and Adult Services please call us at (909) 891-3900. Click here to visit the Volunteer Involvement Program website.

    Cooling Centers!

    San Bernardino Cooling Centers Image

    During the summertime, senior citizens and others at risk from heat can find relief at cooling centers across San Bernardino County.

    Inland Empire families seeking to escape the scorching heat expected this weekend don't have to go to the beach or head to the mountains. There are plenty of cooling centers offering air conditioning, refreshments and activities close to home.
    Find a cooling center now....
    Hot Weather Alert
    Alerta De Clima Caliente!

    Senior Financial Abuse!

    Senior Financial Abuse Image

    State of California

    Financial Abuse Reporting Act, SB 1018

    Beginning January 1, 2007 this new mandate requires employees of banks and credit unions to report suspected financial elder abuse to Adult Protective Services or law enforcement authorities. SB 1018 (Simitian)

    View our PowerPoint on Elder Financial Abuse and find out about: SB 1018:

    Financial Abuse Reporting Act
    Who is an Elder/Dependent Adult?
    What is financial elder abuse?
    The role of financial institutions
    Who are possible abusers? and much more.... View it here...

    Public Guardian/Conservator

    Public Guardian/Conservator Auction Image

    For more information on the Public Guardian/Conservator’s office please contact us at (909) 798-8500 or visit us at:

    San Bernardino County Public Guardian/Conservator
    686 E Mill St.
    San Bernardino, California 92415

    View the Public Guardian/Conservator Sales

    California Senior Legislature

    Current Legislators

Video Announcements


    Click Button on player to view Full Screen.

How Do I?

Understand what it means to be a Mandated Reporter?

You can receive free training and information regarding the responsibilities of a Mandated Reporter and/or become certified by the California Department of Social Services (CDSS). A training certificate of completion will be available.

File an Abuse Report

If you or anyone you know is a victim of abuse, or is vulnerable to abuse, please contact Adult Protective Services.

Elder and Dependent Adult Abuse Hurts Don't Ignore It.... Call
San Bernardino County
24-Hour Toll Free Hotline

Click here for further information!

Apply for IHSS

You must make a referral for IHSS to the San Bernardino County Department of Aging and Adult Services by calling the IHSS Central Intake Unit at the following toll free telephone number:


Click here to view more information!
  • Barstow: (760) 256-5544
    Needles: (760) 326-9328
    Rancho Cucamonga: (909) 948-6200
    San Bernardino: (909) 891-3700
    Victorville: (760) 243-8400
    Yucca Valley: (760) 228-5390

Check on my IHSS check

If your provider has questions regarding their payment, they should contact the Department of Aging and Adult Services Provider Paycheck Questions line at 1 (800) 722-4595 or they can e-mail the DAAS at IHSSpaychecks@hss.sbcounty.gov.

Find a Nutrition site

Aging & Adult Services contracts with 11 providers who serve nutritious meals for the Senior Nutrition Program.
Click here for a list of Congregate Meal Sites

Apply for Public Guardian - Conservator

Call (909)798-8500
Click here for further information on the Public Guardian – Conservator services!

Get help with my Medicare?

Click here for further information on the Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program!