|How to Submit
Children's Network Proposal
The following items must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 10, 2019, to
Please read guidelines before beginning proposal:
Guidelines for Workshop Proposal Submission
Please review the below guidelines regarding workshop proposal submissions.
1. Audience of the Conference:
Most of the attendees will be professionals from the following fields: social workers, child welfare professionals, Kinship care, Faith Based Organizations, medical and mental health professionals, law enforcement, teachers and school administrations, counselors and child advocates, child abuse prevention councils, community based organizations, public officials and case managers/child care workers.
2. Workshops are 75 minutes in length, this includes time for Questions and Answers.
3. Workshops will be placed in tracks. Please select the track your workshop best fits. Please indicate if your workshop fits more than one track.
4. Please make the title of presentation short, specific and clear.
5. Include an abstract (no more than 500 words) of your workshop. This abstract will be used as the workshop description in the registration booklet. Abstracts above 500 words will be edited by Children's Network staff.
6. There can only be three presenters in total per workshop (one main presenter and two co-presenters). NO more than three presenters will be allowed. If you would like to have individuals attend/observe your workshop, they will need to pay a one-day conference attendance fee. No exceptions will be made.
7. Clearly indicate the goal of your workshop and include three learning objectives. Please read the link provided in the proposal form.
8. All presenters are required to turn in resumes or CV when submitting proposals.
9. A timed agenda for the 75 minute workshop is required to be included with proposal submission. The below is just a short example. Please have a more detailed agenda.
Example of a timed agenda: 75 minute workshop
8:00 - 8:15 a.m. - Topic A
8:15 - 8:45 a.m. - Topic B
8:45 - 9:00 a.m. - Topic C
9:00 - 9:15 a.m. - Q & A
10. All equipment needs and requests are required be included at the time of proposal submission. NO additions will be made to the equipment needs once a proposal is submitted. This includes internet access. NO LAPTOPS WILL BE PROVIDED. Please bring your own.
11. No presentation materials will be printed by Children's Network. If you would like to pass out handouts or copies of your PowerPoint, you will need to provide those yourself.
12. Please indicate if you would like for your workshop to be reviewed for CEU's.
a. If yes, please review the CEU guidelines that are provided in the
proposal under question 19.
For questions or concerns, please contact Janki Patel at Children's Network at (909) 383-9651 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT - This form must be completed in one sitting, otherwise you will need to restart the form each time.